Wednesday, September 9, 2009
To get ready for the big day we went shopping for his very own suit! We looked at a few and he choose this one, he called it his, "snazzy suit" he loves it!
On the big day we took Logan shopping at Seagull book so he could choose his very own CTR ring. They had quite a few to choose from and he loves this one, he likes to show it to everyone!
We were part of the stake baptism, but were last so it was still nice and intimate. We were able to have a family testimony meeting while we waited for Eric and Logan to come out. It was a very nice day!
So if you have any suggestions or like one name more then another bring it on! I just want to have a name for this little man!
Saturday, May 2, 2009
I love to be a mom, especially being a stay at home mom, one of the reasons I do is because you get a front row seat to all the cute and funny things your kids do. my 3 yr old, Jonsas, really loves Iron Man, he loves to watch it, (I edit a bit) and he likes to pretend to be Iron Man. Well the other day he was flying around the house as Iron Man and he came in the room with no shirt on. He also had a paper airlane stuffed down the front of his pants and a stuffed animal hanging on for dear life, it was very cute. Then when he turned around I saw the funny part of his costume, he had stuck a pen right down his bum crack! I am sure to him it seemed a very logical place to put it, it fit just right! I am so glad I did not miss out on this chance to take a black mail picture for when he is older!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
McDonald's- Kids night!
Every Tuesday McDonald's has kids night from 5-7 pm. During this time you can buy happy meals for 1/2 price! There is a limit of 4 but we only have 3 kids and then I usually get one too and send the extra toy to school for the prize box! My kids love it! Sometimes we will go in to the play area, but I am feel like it is a germ zone, so if the weather is nice we like to go to a park! We have even brought them home and had a picnic at home.
This is great one for grown ups! Sonic has "happy hour" on Tuesday after 5:00pm all hamburgers are 1/2 off. so go ahead and treat yourself! We have even gotten the kids Mcd's and then gone to Sonic for our own dinner!
Every Tuesday night Pizza Hut has a themed family night where they will do a fun activity and for every Large pizza you buy you can get 2 one topping personal pan pizzas for the kids! Last time we went we actually got one of the pastas instead of pizza and they still gave us the free personal pizzas
Overland Park Theaters- (in Boise)
This theater has special meaning to me and my hubby....this is where we met! They specialize in family movies at an affordable price. Their prices are great any day but on Tuesdays admission is only $1 and many of the concession items are $1 as well. My kids get so excited when they know we are going to OPC because they get to pick their own treats! (we hardly ever take them to a first run theater let alone buy anything if we go) To check out the OPC show times look here.
At Baskin Robbins from 6:00 - 10:00 pm you can get a single scoop of your favorite 31 flavor for only $1! Now that is a sweet deal!
These are just a few of the great deals we like to use on Tuesdays! We can have dinner, movie and ice cream afterwards for very little money! I know that times are tough for a lot of people but sometimes it is good to just have a fun night! There are lots of other restaurants that have kids night so don't be afraid to ask...you may just save some money!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- I like to check these sites about once a day or so just to stay on top of the deals, when there are good deals and alot of people know about them stock tends to run out quickly!
- When printing out coupons that require you to enter personal info I dont mind using my actual address....if they want to send me something through the mail great...plus maybe if more people are using the maik system the stamps will stop going up!
- I have a "junk email" set up that I use....I dont want alot of spam! You can set up an email account through gmail
- Many of the sites will let you print out a coupon 2 times each before it stops printing them. The way to get around this is to use multiple computers...i go and use my parents. You can ask around to family and friends to find out who will let you use theirs!
- Also ask family and friends who get the paper if you can have any coupons they are not going to use!
- Pinching you pennies (PYP) is such a great resource! They have forums for most states with info on most of the stores sales, they also have alot of links to coupons. I love this site because they have alot of members who share the deals they find and how to do things...you can also ask questions and get an answer pretty quickly! I live in Idaho but check the Utah forum as well because they have more people sharing tips! To check this site out go here
- Fabulessly frugal is a great blog that my friend has. She also uses PYP but also posts tons of other great finds that i never find on PYP. She has a great network of blogs that you can connect to...I am always finding out about free food coupons from her. She also posts about free rebates from Walgreens and other stores as well as redbox codes. This is a must read!
- Another great site is a thrifty mom. She also shares tips and breaks down the sales go here to check it out!
These are the sites I most often use..I will add more as I find them...I'm still new to all of this! Sign up as a follower of my blog so you dont miss anything! I hope this helps! If you have any questions or comments I would love to hear them!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
13 Progresso soups
7 cake mixes
1 pack of diapers
1 dove body wash
1 bottle of windex
1 box of shout cloths
1 plesge duster
1 pack of 10 wrigley gum!
If you are not already doing coupons you really need to start! This was only one day of shopping...over this last week using the ALbertsons sale I have bought tons of soup, cereals, fruit snacks and much more and spent very little money! If you want to learn how to do this yourself let me know!
Happy Shopping! Alynn
- First of all you have to go www.pennypinchers.com to learn how to do couponing...it is amazing how much money you can save using coupons and sales! Seriously!
Free sandwich from Arbeys!
Print out a coupon for a free Roast Burger from Arbeys with any drink purchase here the great thing is you can print out as many coupons as you need! Great for lunches!
Free sandwich from Quiznos!
If you go here and sign up you will get a coupon for a free sub! My tip would be to open a new email account through gmail or a similar site so that you dont have to deal with any spam!
- Dont forget that K-mart is doubleing coupons this week and they just started accepting internet coupons!
- Check out pinching your pennies for Albertsons new sale that starts tomorrow!
Good luck and have fun saving money!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
The new flyer came out today for Albertsons deals...these are good from 18-24.
Buy 10 and save $10!
This is one of those deals where the first time through you wont sace big....but the next time you will! you can mix and match over 250 items like general mills cereals, snacks, Betty Crocker mixes, Pillsbury items, Progresso soups.. you can go to http://www.albertsons.com/ for more info..
There is also a deal through General Mills and Nature Valley Granola bars..
NATURE VALLEY GRANOLA BARS Purchase between
- BUY (3) & GET $1.50....
- BUY(4) & GET $2.50....
- BUY (5) OR MORE & GET $3.50 on your next purchase (OYNSOPurchase)
General Mills/Betty Crocker* Fruit Shapes, * Fruit By The Foot * Fruit Gushers * Fruit Roll-Ups * Fruit Roll-Ups Fruit Stickerz
- Buy (3) & get $1.50 OYNSO
- Buy (4) & get $2.50 OYNSO
- Buy (5) or more & get $3.50 OYNSOPurchase between 1/30/09 – 2/22/09
I went to the following sites to print off coupons
Then I used these coupons on the things I bought to save money.
- 4 boxes of cereals
- 2 brownie mixes
- 4 boxes of fruit roll ups
Total before discounts & coupons was $43.98
After my preferred savings deals and coupons my total was $19.77...the best part was the coupons it printed! I got..
- $10.00 of my next purchase
- $2.50 of my next purchase
- a $2.00 coupon for general mills cereals
Now I can go back...print more coupons and do it all again!
Highschool Musical 3!
If your house is anything like mine you have a few fans of Disneys High School Musical. The newest installment was released yesterday and I happened to find this money saving deal on my friends great blog http://fabulesslyfrugal.blogspot.com/ This is a printable coupon that will get you $5.00 off a DVD or $10.0 off of a blueray.I had a hard time getting the coupon to print but found I could using the following link....
I also found that there is a $5.00 rebate through Hillshire Farms..that link is
These are some great deals that I know I will be using! I hope they can help you too. If you want more great money savings tips visit
Monday, February 16, 2009
My sweet parents let me and the kids hitch a ride with them to Provo with a quick stop in Draper. We met my brother Rod and his family in Draper to attend the Draper Temple open house. It was a beautiful House of the Lord! It is so fun to see the different temples and to take the kids in so they can see where mom and dad sometimes ( not nearly enough) go. My favorite part of the tour was when we were in the sealing room where they had a couple explaining eternal families and Jonas threw himself on the floor because he wanted to go to his cousin who was on the other side of the room! Such Fun!
On Saturday my sweet nephew Rowen became the newest member of the church! My dad was able to baptize him...so fun! It had been a long time since he had done that.....like since my baptism!
After the baptism we went back to Rods for some delicious pancakes and some fun filled WII time! Rod always talks about being a "yoga master" so we decided he should show us some moves! We were all impressed but wanted to try it ourselves! My brothers girlfriend Tina and I tried the "dancer" pose....its not easy as it looks!
Once we were good and stretched we moved on to WII Hulahoop! Talk about funny! Everone got in on the fun....from my 3 yr old Jonas to my 60 something mom! I got some great videos for blackmail later!
My husbands family was also in town staying in a "vacation home" so we spent the night with them....all 17 of us! There were people and kids everywhere! When I got there I could not believe my eyes...or ears! They were.....doing Kareoke! Now I had a migrain brewing and was not to excited to spend the evening listening to them singing but after a while....and some good migrain meds...... I found myself singing along and having fun! Even my kids were getting in on the fun.....we even sang "Dancing Queen" together! It was great!
Meanwhile back in Boise and my poor hubby......
Whatever! Eric went to Jackpot for the night with Daniel (our brother inlaw who was also wifeless) He played pennie slots until early in the morning! Such a romantic Valentines Day! Who needs a special day....we celebrate our love ever single day!
Friday, January 30, 2009
Disney World Tickets-
Disney world consists of 4 major parks: Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Each park can really take 1 full day each so we got 5 day tickets so we could have a day at each park and 1 flex day to go back to our favorite park ! There are also the water parks to consider (depending on the time of year)! There are lots of ways to get your tickets to the park
- buy direct from http://www.disneyworld.com/
- buy from a broker. There are a lot of different ones out there. Just google Disney world tickets. I used one my brother Rod (a Disney expert) suggested http://www.orlandofuntickets.com/ they had discount tickets and we were able to buy the 4 day tickets with a free upgrade to 5 days!
- wait till you get there...there are booths everywhere!
- This year Disney has a promotion that if you go on your birthday you get in FREE! If you already have tickets (like we did) you can choose from 3 other options like a $75 gift card to be used in the parks (this cannot be used for food) For more info. go to http://disneyparks.disney.go.com
- This is Florida.....there are timeshare resorts every where! Many of them offer tickets as an incentive to sit through a presentation. Remember this will take at least 2 hours of you vacation time, not to mention a high pressure sales pitch, so think seriously about this before you do it!
Disney World Resorts-
Right now Disney has a pretty good deal if you want a package deal. It is buy 4 night package and get 3 nights FREE! Plus, when you travel between 3/1 - 3/9 and 3/17- 3/29, you'll also get a $200 Disney Gift Card. For more info go to http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/
There are different levels of resorts to fit you budget or vacationing style and there are a few advantages to going with a Disney resort as well:
- When you stay at a Disney resort you wont have to worry about waiting for your luggage at the airport, they will pick it up and deliver it to your room for you!
- You can save money on a car rental because they have a shuttle that will pick you up from the airport and take you to your resort and it runs 24 / 7!
- You will save money on Disney parking (which is $12 per day)! Disney are masters of transportation! They have complimentary transportation to all the parks.
- You will also get more time to play during extended theme park hours. Each day one of the parks will open early or stay open late so you get more out of each day!
I found the whole planning part to be really over whelming. The parks are huge and I didn't want to miss anything! Again my brother Rod saved me by directing me to some great websites! Here are just a few of them, again google is always your friend to get more info!
- Wear good walking shoes, you will be doing a lot of walking! If you are wearing new shoes or just got new insoles break them in first!
- Having a poncho for some of the rides is a good idea so that you arent stuck in wet clothes all day plus you will be glad you have it if it starts to rain!
- The great thing about all the parks is they will let you take in your own food! Take advantage of this to save some money! We always had fruit leather, granola bars and a water bottle, this way if we were hungry we could grab one of those! We also tried to limit our in park eating to one meal and maybe a snack a day, we would eat breakfast before we went and then had a late dinner after the park was closed!
- Disney also offers a meal plan option when you are booking with them so look into that as well.
- Take dramamine or some other motion sickness remedy before you get there and again during the day if you need it!
- Take advantage of the Guest relations if you have any problems! When my hubby got so sick on a ride we had to leave I went to guest relations to see if we could get a parking refund or something so we wouldnt have to pay it again the next day. They ended up giving me 2 - one day park hopper tickets! That is worth over $150...well over the $12 I went in for!
- Take advantage of the Photo Pass card! As soon as you enter the park look for a photographer in a kacki jacket, ask for a photo pass card. What this does is that every time you see a photographer in any of the parks you give them the card, they take your pictures (I always have them take it with my camera too) and then the pictures are available to view, download and purchase on the website!
- The Fast Pass is great! There are certain rides in every park that have a fast pass machine. You put in your park ticket and it gives you a fast pass that gives you a specific time period to return for the ride. Your wait time will be cut down significantly becasue you are in a seperate line! You can only have 1 fast pass at a time so we liked to check the boards to see what the average waiting time was and when the fast pass return was. Sometimes it wasnt worth burning your fast pass if it was 11:00, your return time wasnt until 4:30 and wait in the line was only 30 min. Go get a fast pass for a different ride and then wait in line!
Well that is all I can think of for today! If you have any questions let me know I and I will do my best at getting an answer for you! Stay tuned for more tips on Hotels, car rentals and more!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
All I can say is about when you walk through the gates of the Magic kingdom is...its Magical! You walk into mainstreet USA where they have all this great music playing, you look past main street and see Cinderella's castle gleaming in the sun! I seriously wanted to cry I was so happy and I really did feel like a kid again! We had a great day and finished it up with the SpectroMagic Parade and the "wishes" fireworks display!