Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Weekend....How romantic!

Ah Valentines Day.....spending time with the one you love.....well I do love the people I was with but I was away from the one I love.. Last weekend the kids and I went to Utah for a busy weekend with lots of family!

Friday-
My sweet parents let me and the kids hitch a ride with them to Provo with a quick stop in Draper. We met my brother Rod and his family in Draper to attend the Draper Temple open house. It was a beautiful House of the Lord! It is so fun to see the different temples and to take the kids in so they can see where mom and dad sometimes ( not nearly enough) go. My favorite part of the tour was when we were in the sealing room where they had a couple explaining eternal families and Jonas threw himself on the floor because he wanted to go to his cousin who was on the other side of the room! Such Fun!



Saturday-
On Saturday my sweet nephew Rowen became the newest member of the church! My dad was able to baptize him...so fun! It had been a long time since he had done that.....like since my baptism!




After the baptism we went back to Rods for some delicious pancakes and some fun filled WII time! Rod always talks about being a "yoga master" so we decided he should show us some moves! We were all impressed but wanted to try it ourselves! My brothers girlfriend Tina and I tried the "dancer" pose....its not easy as it looks!





Once we were good and stretched we moved on to WII Hulahoop! Talk about funny! Everone got in on the fun....from my 3 yr old Jonas to my 60 something mom! I got some great videos for blackmail later!



That night....
My husbands family was also in town staying in a "vacation home" so we spent the night with them....all 17 of us! There were people and kids everywhere! When I got there I could not believe my eyes...or ears! They were.....doing Kareoke! Now I had a migrain brewing and was not to excited to spend the evening listening to them singing but after a while....and some good migrain meds...... I found myself singing along and having fun! Even my kids were getting in on the fun.....we even sang "Dancing Queen" together! It was great!



Meanwhile back in Boise and my poor hubby......
Whatever! Eric went to Jackpot for the night with Daniel (our brother inlaw who was also wifeless) He played pennie slots until early in the morning! Such a romantic Valentines Day! Who needs a special day....we celebrate our love ever single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment